Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Have's vs. The Have Not's




"The Grass is Always Greener On the Other Side".

We have all heard that quote before, and I think most of us embody it whether we like it or not. We as a culture and people are fairly in tune with our needs and what we want. Whether it's materialistic, or emotional, Americans have no problem telling others what they do not have, but want. While I will admit I am a product of my environment, at times I try to take it back and look at the bigger picture. Too many times we are focused on what we don't have, and what is wrong, then what is right, and what we have. Instead of being happy about our lives and focusing on the good, we focus on what we do not have and how we are not fulfilled. How often do we realize that when we "get" the things we sought after we realize that our lives have not so much improved, but we feel disappointed that with the anticipation over, that emptiness remains.

I have chosen to dedicate this piece to what I have. This blog will be about the positive in my life, leaving out what I want. I feel that if we all start to focus on what we have, we will realize the beauty in life.

I have a beautiful, sexy, genuine, sweet fiancee. Never in my dreams did I ever imagine that I would be able to spend my life with someone who is so caring, and full of life. I truely feel that my life has improved since she has entered.

I have an amazingly talented, thoughtful, kind, brother, who means the world to me. I am so proud of the man that he has turned into. He makes me want to always strive to be a better person

I have two wonderful and supportive parents. They both have been there for me from day one and I am more than grateful for all the love that they have given to me.

I have some of the best friends that a man could ever ask for. My friends are funny, supportive, real, and just good people. They are all my family and will be forever.

I have a job, which in these days and times says a lot. I feel truely grateful that I have been given the ability to help people and improve my program. I spend much of my time there and it has introduced me to wonderful friends, new worlds, new insights, as well as new challenges.

I have overall health. I am here and I have the ability to enjoy my life.

I have a deep music collection and it tells my life story if you give it a chance. Music has been such a big part of my life and I could write my story by listening to the music that I purchased each year.

I have a great love for video games with a large collection of games (as well as systems). Whether it be first-person shooters, sports, adventure, action, racing, fighting, I have them all. My games could keep a person entertained for a long long time.

I have a diverse education in many subject areas. This could range from juvenile justice, to video games, to sports, and to music. Religion, politics, social injustices, love all play a part in my mental encyclopedia.

I have passion, empathy, compassion, love all inside me. What I have is just too much to mention, but I feel truely grateful for all of it. Especially, in these days of economic stress, it makes sense for us to really focus on the joys of our lives, rather than what we do not have and what we want. All of our lives are full of goodness if we just look deep enough. Focusing on these positive aspects of our lives could only help us live happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment